In 1892 Henry Banks French proposed to build a large church building for the Church of the Good Shepherd, in loving memory of his deceased wife. His offer was accepted, land was purchased on the south side of Lancaster Ave, at Montrose Ave. in Rosemont and construction began. The corner stone for the new Church was laid on June 17, 1893 and the first service was conducted on May 27, 1894.
For more information on the history of The Church of the Good Shepherd please see the publication below entitled, “An Historical Sermon Delivered in the Memorial Church of the Good Shepherd, Rosemont, Pa. by the Rector The Rev. Arthur B. Conger A.M. On the Third Sunday after Trinity June 12th, 1910″. The Rev. Arthur B. Conger was Rector of The Church of the Good Shepherd from 1883-1912.