"An Anglo-Catholic Episcopal Parish"

Non ministrari, sed ministrare

About Us

 

In 1892 Henry Banks French proposed to build a large church building for the Church of the Good Shepherd, in loving memory of his deceased wife. His offer was accepted, land was purchased on the south side of Lancaster Ave, at Montrose Ave. in Rosemont and construction began. The corner stone for the new Church was laid on June 17, 1893 and the first service was conducted on May 27, 1894.

Outreach

The Thrift Shop which has its humble dwelling in the basement of the Parish Hall has been a staple of joy, fellowship, and outreach, as well as a source of income to the Church of the Good Shepherd for many years.
The staple of its existence comes from the gracious donations of many kind folks far beyond the family of Good Shepherd. The Thrift Shop is always looking for more – more things to stock its shelves and racks